LAST UPDATED: March 10, 2023
Alta Tools, Inc. (“Alta Tools”, “we,” “us,” and “our”) takes the private nature of your personal information seriously. This policy regarding our privacy practices (the “Policy”) describes how we treat the information we collect when you use our website at alta.so (the “Site”) or register to use the tools to build and operate your mobile applications (the “Services”). This Policy describes the types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Site or our Services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. When you visit or use the Site or use our Services, you are consenting to our practices in this Policy. Please read it carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with this Policy and practices, your only choice is not to use the Site or Services or provide us personal information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about you and other users of the Site and Services, including:
- We collect your name, company name, position, and email when you complete our contact form (such as to receive more information) on our Site.
- We collect your name, company name, email, position and other contact information if you register to use our Services. We may also collect credit card or other payment information (usually of your company) to process payments. Such credit card or payment information is provided to our payment processor.
- We collect your email address if you sign up to receive newsletters or email communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site and Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view and how long your view them; links you click; your IP address; the type of device and device ID; the length of time you visit our Site or Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information.
This information helps us to improve the Site and our Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized Site and Services including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Also as part of the Services, we collect information in connection from users of the mobile application that you develop using the Services – this includes the following: name, email address, phone number, password and credit card or other payment information. In this capacity we are acting as your processor in providing the Services. You are responsible for providing all required privacy notice and obtaining all consents necessary for us to collect such information through your mobile application.
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents, or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including billing and payments, error tracking, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business, and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of our products and services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Service Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Site and its contents to you;
- To provide our Services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including the request for and the provision of our products;
- To provide technical and other support to you;
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers, and our select partners;
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Site and Services;
- To enhance the safety and security of the Site and Services;
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To enable marketing, remarketing, and targeted advertising and similar services from us or our Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third-party websites;
- To perform targeted and other advertising on our websites and third-party websites;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about customers and users of the Site, and information that does not identify any individual or specific customer, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To Service Providers, contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business or perform functions on our behalf, including credit card payment processors, error tracking, and marketing support;
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee, or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about you and other users of the Site or our products is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any law enforcement, government or regulatory request; and
- To enforce or apply the engagement agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity. Some of these persistent cookies expire after a certain period of time, others remain on your computer indefinitely.We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images or other computer codes that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and the effectiveness of our communications and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third Party Analytics
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not currently honor web browser “Do Not Track” signals and other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information Choices and Changes
We offer the following ways for you to manage our use of your personal information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Administrative Emails. If you are a customer, we may occasionally send you email and other communications, such as administrative communications relating to your account or product support and service.
- Marketing Emails. We may occasionally send you marketing materials, newsletters, or other similar emails. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com
Data Subject Requests
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about our privacy practices or want to access, obtain a copy of, review, correct, or request deletion of your personal information; we will honor such requests to the extent required by law, provided that we may retain your personal information if required to comply with law, legal process, or legal obligations or to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If you are using a mobile application created by a customer using our Services, you should send any request relating to your personal information to that customer and not to us. If we receive such a request we will forward the request to the customer for further response.
Storage, Retention and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents, or Service Providers. If you access or use the Site or Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States. By allowing us to collect information about you, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Site . We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at our address: 5214F Diamond Heights Blvd #3370 San Francisco, CA 94131.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: 5214F Diamond Heights Blvd #3370 San Francisco, CA 94131. You may only make one such request per calendar year.Please note that at this point, Alta Tools is not subject to the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If and when the CCPA applies, we will update this Policy to include any required notices and other provisions as required by the CCPA.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Site or Services.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If you access or use the Site or provide us personal information after such changes are posted, you agree to and accept such changes.